The 17th of June was no ordinary day for us at Reach for Change. It was a Change Leader Visit Day - a time for everyone in the organization to go and visit a social entrepreneur from our portfolio. A moment to pause in order to reconnect with our mission, and understand better the successes and challenges of our Change Leaders.
All co-workers - from Ethiopia, through Latvia, Ghana, Bulgaria, to Sweden - stopped their usual work and spent time with a total of 14 social entrepreneurs. Take part in our journey through the gallery below:
Our Ethiopian team visited 3 local social entrepreneurs:
- Ellilta Products provide former sex workers with rehabilitation and job opportunities, training them women to create artisan jewelry, clothing and other fashion products which are sold in global and local markets.
- Rahel Tsegaye, founder of Fidel Tiru designs and produces different learning aid materials for children in the age group of 2-10. She also organizes different events for children.
- Getachew and Yibralem Patented Products deliver sanitary and waste disposition products for the disabled and elderly individuals with low water usage.
Our Bulgarian team visited our alumni Vaselina Feldman - a psychologist who implements and promotes an innovative equine-assisted therapy for children with disabilities.The horse therapy is proven to stimulate both the physical and cognitive health and development of the children.
Our co-workers in Ghana split into 7 teams and visited change leaders from 3 diverse regions in Ghana.
- Victor visited Ernestina Appiah, founder of Ghana Code Club, who connects children aged 8-16 to computer science activities in their schools, and helps them gain basic computing skills while learning how to make their own games, animations and websites. They emphasize on programs for girls in an effort to close the digital gender gap.
- Solomon and Barbara visited Young at Heart - an Ed-Tech social enterprise, which is making quality education affordable, engaging and accessible even in the remotest part of the world, by providing access to customized hardware and digital learning platforms and products.
- Rosin visited Erasmus Ackon, founder of Duapa werkspace - a skills development and entrepreneurship hub located in the western region of Ghana, who creates an enabling environment for young entrepreneurs to connect, collaborate and transform their ideas into viable businesses.
- Kwaku visited Cecilia Fiaka - founder of Nneka Youth Foundation, who offers unprivileged youth summer camps, Interactive workshops, social orientation seminars, educational and vocational training.
- Kofi visited Susan Sabaa - founder of CRRECENT, who works with children who are in or have been released from the juvenile justice system, and reintegrates them into the community.
- Doreen visited Israel Adjei Yeboah, founder of Zlitch Technologies who increase student & teacher productivity with their e-learning and Student Management systems.
- Diane visited Regina Honu, founder of Soronko Solutions - a leading technology and digital skills development center in Africa, who equips young people, especially women and girls, with the technical and soft skills they need to attain dignified, fulfilling jobs and overcome the gender gap in technology.
Our team in Sweden split in two and visited:
- Kassim Nagwere, founder of Drömstort, who encourages young people in economically disadvantaged areas to dream big by offering workshops, lectures, homework support and sports and cultural activities.
- Susan Dahlbeck, founder of Healthy Women - a network that offers training and social gatherings to improve the physical and mental health of young women in the suburbs, and promote a more equal society.
Our Baltic Manager Kristine went to visit our Latvian alumni Tatyana Makovey, founder of House of Hope - a safe place where children can have various activities - play music and games, study, cook, watch movies, wash their clothes, take a shower (as not all have hot water at home), have individual meetings with mentor etc.
29 juni 2022 20:41
SWEDEN: HRH Carl XVI Gustaf tried new emotional intelligence ...
6 juli 2022 23:30
Today, Reach for Change and the Jacobs Foundation ...
26 september 2022 10:24
Reach for Change Sweden, Social Enterprise Estonia, ...
I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.